The standard penetration test (SPT) is an in-situ dynamic penetration test designed to provide information on the geotechnical engineering properties of soil. The test provides samples for identification purposes and provides a measure of penetration resistance which can be used for geotechnical design purposes.
GOSCO equips SPT equipment with drilling machine and performs this kind of test during drilling process. We provide the SPT service with competitive costs.
Steps to perform the SPT test:
– Step 1: Drill to the test depth, cleaning & dredged muck from bottom of the borehole, and install equipment according to standards.
– Step 2: Mark 3 equal intervals (15cm) on the drliing rod.
– Step 3: Release the donut hammer in free fall and count the total number of hammers through the marked segments.
– Step 4: Take the hammer number of the last 2 segments as SPT index
– Step 5: Uninstaling SPT inquipment and remove SPT sample, repeat the steps when performing the experiment at the next times.
Figure 1:Standard Penetration Test